The files in the STEMFIE construction set are named according to the structure described below:
Beam STR ESS BU05x01x01 - SPN-BEM-0042 (stemfie.org).stl
Part type Structure Variations Dimension - Unique STEMFIE Part Number (Project Home URL).filetype
- Describes the type of part, such as being a beam, brace, fastener, spring, etc.
- These abbreviations define variations of the type of part, such as how the endings are square or rounded; if there is a joint, etc.
- The dimension defines the size of the part, described in the number (or fractions) of STEMFIE block units (BU = 12.5 mm). The usual order is Length x Width x Height x Variations; it contains values with trailing extra zeros for clear listing in file folders. Some part dimensions may describe the size in mm.
Unique STEMFIE Part Number
- This number is the unique identifier for any STEMFIE part (SPN) or STEMFIE project set (SPS).
Project Home URL
- This URL helps users find the home port of the STEMFIE project.